Saturday, December 20, 2008

 

Allegany Fall Breakfast!


Remember that invitation I sent out a couple of months ago about joining together at Allegany State Park for a Autumn breakfast? I am now finally reporting on the gathering! It was a sunny, crisp, fall day, very similar to the family fall gatherings of past.


Alas, you can't smell the aromas of breakfast: cooking pancakes, eggs, and bacon, smearing homemade jams on homemade breads, coffee over on open fire, a table full of food and hungry hikers, the creek in the background.

After breakfast, we drove up to Thunder Rocks and played until a thunderstorm suddenly blew in, then we headed home!




















I was the only Shaw in attendance from the original breakfast. I thought of all of you and you were sorely missed!

More photos, by Jennifer, can be seen here.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I was very happy to be one of the honorary Shaws!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?