Sunday, July 06, 2008

 

Fourth of July!


You know, the trouble for us with parades is, we don't have any little kids to take to the parade. I loved taking my children to the parade when they were little. They were so excited. They waved their little flags, saluted the Stars 'n Stripes when the color guard went by, squealed with delight when a bit of candy was tossed their way. This year, my kids rolled back to sleep when I woke them up. My exclamations of "It's the 4th of July!" and "Time for the parade!" bounced off their backs as they turned away from me and rolled back asleep. Well, this was no way to start my favorite holiday, so I called my sister-in-law and said "Can I borrow my nephew?" Wallace had a grand time at the parade. He grabbed candy that was thrown to him, stuffed way too much in his mouth, waved his flag, and danced to the music. Just the way I remembered my kids...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?