Sunday, October 28, 2007

 

Fall in the East

I took the pooch for a walk this afternoon in the backyard, through the woods, and down to the creek. Although the peak of "leaf peeping" is over, I thought the Western sisters would enjoy this virtual walk through our Eastern woods.



These maples turned a brilliant yellow this year.



Here's some leaves swirling around in the creek.
A trout swam by, out of the picture.
(It, obviously, was teasing me.)



Here's the trail through the woods. We have maple, cherry, willow,
beech, apple, and various pine trees. But mostly sugar maples.



Here's a shot looking out from behind the garage.
This is probably the last nice day; a killer frost is predicted for tonight.
I need to gather the last of the tomatoes.


Labels:


Comments:
I managed to get the last of my basil made up into pesto before the frost. Yeah! I'm also trying an old trick my mom taught me: I put 3 green tomatoes in a brown paper bag in the basement... Supposedly, they will turn red by Thanksgiving. We'll see.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?