Wednesday, August 01, 2007

 

Our Annual Vacation


We have just returned from our vacation at Camp Findley, where we annually attend their Bible Conference/Family Camp. I think this was our 6th year. The kids have made wonderful friends here, with whom they stay in touch with throughout the year. They look forward to returning every year. Generally, no one gets enough sleep, we eat entirely too much, but we all have a great time.

This year I kayaked, swam to an island twice (at 7 in the morning), played golf, made new friends, walked up into town to a wonderful yarn shop, knitted, hiked, and took naps. Weather was good, the only day it rained was the day we walked into town. I spent so much time in the yarn shop, that the thunderstorm passed before I left the shop.

We had three different speakers, and I knitted throughout all of them. I actually can grasp more of what is being presented aurally when I keep my hands busy. (I actually overheard someone say, when she was asked where she sat, "next to the knitter." Our morning speaker, Dr. Timothy Dwyer, (pictured above) a professor at Roberts Wesleyan, gave a series of talks about violence and the bible. He was very thought provoking, with a delivery free of pat answers or sound bites, leaving us with few answers but much to mull over. A great educator. I ended up ripping out most of what I knitted whenever he spoke. Paid more attention to him than I did my knitting.

Here's a couple of more camp pix. A refreshing week.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
What a great family tradition you have established in going to Camp Findley! I'd love to see some of the knitting, now. Isn't it cool that you are a landmark knitter?
"I was sitting to the left of the knitter."
"Oh, that's why I didn't see you. I was in front of her."

It's better than being some other sort of landmark person: The Fat Lady, The Ugg boot lady, The Snoring Lady, um, the list is endless and probably offensive to some so I shall cease and desist.
 
Or as a Shaw Girl would say: sist and decease.
 
"Sist and decease?" REALLY? Oh, my you vicious sisters!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?