Friday, August 24, 2007

 

County Fair Results

Another successful year at the County Fair, for all of us who entered. I entered several photos this year and won one blue ribbon for my Thanksgiving photo (left), a couple of 3rds and an honorable mention. One category, “3 Scenes”, both Hannah and I had entries. Hannah’s 3 pictures of Nicole were amazing. Nicole was pitching in the middle of one of her games (she’s quite the softball player.) The photos were full of energy, and anticipation, capturing the concentration on Nicole’s face. The photos beat out my pictures of blueberries, and rightfully so.




Took two blues and a red for my wines: Rougheon (last year’s silver medal at the state fair), Cabernet, and Geisenheim (a German white) respectively. (The Cabernet and the Geisenheim are now at the state fair along with a bottle of Syrah and a Merlot/Cabernet blend. I don’t know their fate as of yet.)

Matthew’s picture of me fly fishing (which was previously published to this blog) received an honorable mention, and Katie was awarded ribbons for her knitting and woodworking. My friend, Patti, who I was in direct competition in with the coveted knitted socks category, won a blue for her socks and so did I! We entered our socks in different categories. So I guess we will have to wait another year to see who’s socks reign supreme! Brian’s green sweater also won a blue ribbon.

We weren’t at the fair very long this year. Gone are the days, when we had small children in tow, when we watched the fair through the fascination of their eyes. It’s not the same anymore. Sigh….

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Congratulations on all your awards! You are my hero, you know.
 
That picture of Brian looks like it is from a knitting company or clothing catalog!

I know what you mean by the fair changing. This year husband and I went for the day without our kids who hadn't entered a thing. We enjoyed seeing how our stuff did, but it was only half the fun it used to be.

I can't wait to hear how you do at the State Fair!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?