Wednesday, June 06, 2007

 

Update from Montana

My amarillis. When it finally bloomed, it was stunning.

Rebecca I and Rebecca II at the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk - August 2006.



Skiing at Fernie, BC. Feb. 2007.




Hi everyone!

Finally, I was able to untangle the new Google sign on requirements and post to our wonderful blog. Please bear with me, as I will try to catch up six-months of stuff:

February 2007: I got to go to Canada to ski at Kimberley and Fernie. Kimberley was a nice area and it was a foggy. That was Day One. Day Two was Fernie Ski Resort. It was beautiful, sunny and full of powder. Because I had been teaching all season, I had actually skied quite a bit and so was surprised to learn that I was skiing very well. I grooved in some deep, thigh-high powder and enjoyed the heck out of myself. The group I went with was all retired except for me. So, basically, I skied by myself and socialized with the group. All the ski photos are from Fernie.

March: Mike moved to Boulder Montana to start a new job in a women's prison treatment facility. He likes the job a lot. It has very different clientele. We commuted on weekends to see each other.

April: I gave notice at my job and interviewed in Helena. We moved and sold the house. I was offered a job pretty quickly. In fact, it all happened very fast. We decided to use our windfall to pay off all our school loans. We moved into a small rental while we regroup. I hope to begin looking for a house here in Helena in the winter/spring 2008.

May: We are playing in our new town. There are trails everywhere. Mike bought a bike and we are just having a ball. (Except today which is rainy, windy, and yucky.)

The Southwestern Central High School 1982 reunion is on July 7th and I am very excited to be coming over. I know the "rents" will be there, too.

Our parents are old, girls. Enjoy them while you can - warts and all, so to speak. Molly put it best when describing Mother: "You don't have to say everything out loud that you think!" Gotta love them. I very much enjoy spending time with them.
See you soon. Maybe we can go to the Lakewood Beach. That would be a high point for me.
Love, Rebecca
Link to Helena Montana: http://helenacvb.visitmt.com/

Comments:
Hurrah! A post that isn't about Katie! Your amaryllis was about the same as mine. Envious about the skiing, looks yummy. Looking forward to seeing the western relatives in July!
 
Also: congratulations on paying off your student loans!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?