Sunday, June 03, 2007

 

Rainy Day

It's a rainy day, the crazy May concert season is winding down, and I finally have time to update ShawGirls. One weekend, when the boys were hither and yon, Katie & packed up Turtle (our van,) our dog, sleeping bags and dutch oven and drove to a state park and rented a rustic cabin. (No electricity, no plumbing, no mirror, no make-up. And, no cell phone service - heaven!) We fished, biked, photographed, hiked, ate well, and had a great time. Our cabin was right on
the creek, where we watched mergansers, and was lulled by the running water.
(OK, truth be told, we thought it rained all night, but it was the creek making its creek noise.) Katie caught a brook trout in the lake. I caught no fish. I taught Katie "oh, hell" a bidding card game, she beat me 2 out of three.
I 'm checking out the calendar to schedule a grudge camping trip!
Photos by Sue & Katie!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Sounds great! Hmm, I don't see any knitting. What's up with that? What did the dog think of it all?
 
Katie and I kicked ourselves for forgetting our knitting. We were in such a rush to get to camp before dark, we left without it. Penny enjoyed the trip very much.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?