Friday, April 13, 2007

 

A Curious Walk

The sun finally came out this afternoon, so Rick grabbed the dog leash, and I grabbed my camera and we headed out to the creek out back.

First, we came across our goose. I say our goose, because this goose seems to live here, in our back yard, every spring. It comes by itself, wanders around our back yard and hangs out at the creek. The neighbor kids have chased it in year's past, but it always comes back, always alone. We speculate that the goose is waiting for its lost mate. I'll have to ask my naturalist friend Jennifer if this could be true.

Penny's barking sent our goose into the creek, but the goose swam in the eddy pool close to us, patiently waiting for us to leave.

On our walk back to the house, I checked the blue bird house, to see if we had any signs of activity. For the last 2 years we've had families of wrens, which have been so fun to watch.

Well, I am sad to report that we did have a bluebird, and the bird was dead. It did not look injured. Perhaps the bluebird froze to
death when our 65 degree spring days turned into a week long blizzard? Another nature question. Matthew buried the bird.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?