Friday, April 13, 2007

 

It's Fishing time!



I spent a very pleasant Saturday morning down at the Audubon with my friend Jennifer at a fly fishing clinic presented by Alberto Rey, a local Orvis guide. Jennifer and I have made a pack to become fishing buddies, and we started by going out to breakfast before the clinic. Fortified with a good breakfast from a local Mom 'n Pop lunch counter, we were ready to tie flys, cast, take notes, and bask in our dream of becoming fly fishergirls.

Here's Alberto showing us how to tie a wooly bugger.




In this photo, I've got my wooly's eyes on and I'm ready for the chenille and feathers.

During the casting session, I was able to hook a late model 1/2 ton Blue Ford Pick-up that I saw surfacing in the parking lot. Liberty, the eagle at the Audubon, squawked in appreciation of my fine catch. (Which, as a good fishergirl, I released.)





Jennifer says she was very frustrated tying her first fly, but she seems calm to me.

I look forward to blogging our fishing adventures!



These pictures, courtesy of Jennifer, were freely pilphered from her flickr site.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?