Sunday, October 08, 2006

 

The Big 5-0!

Well, I am now 50 and I don't feel any different than when I was living my earlier half century...
This was one long party....On my birthday, (Thursday) I had open house at school and lots of chatty parents. When I finally trudged home, I walked into a house with delicious smells: Matthew was finishing broiling a salmon fillet (the good salmon from Alaska, not the usual pink colored stuff) Katie was dressing her salad with her homemade citrus vinigrete, and Rick was pulling the cork from a nice bottle of wine. After dinner (on the good china, no less) I was surprised with a new camera. A digital SLR with 2 lenses!

Friday, Rick drove to Ohio and picked Brian up for the weekend. Everybody knew about this but me. When they arrived home (the first I have seen Brian since we dropped him off in August) we all went out to Petillo's. Brian quizzed us throughout dinner with all these brain teasers. We had a great time and great food.

Saturday, Katie had a home swim meet and, having read the manual the day before, I was able to take my first photos with the new camera.

Around 5 o'clock people started
rolling in for the Party that Rick had arranged.
Lots of friends and family,
including Hannah! Everyone had a great time!
Cheers!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Your narrative has some gaps in it. There is time in there that is unaccounted for. There is probably an explanation for that... Hmmm, you didn't happen to mention the time the party ended. Now I know that we left early because we were there with family (kid) but I believe I heard something about 2AM, or was it 2:30? And then there also was the preparty gathering at the Pub Friday after school but that was just the core founding members of the DKC. And didn't you do something fun on Sunday afternoon? (A nap, perhaps?) The party food was yummy, by the way. I know your dog Penny especially liked the cake! I seem to recall that many people gave you gifts of liquids. You got a nice haul of loot.

Happy five-oh! I aspire to be five-oh someday, too. Thank you for inviting us to your celebration!
 
I don't even remember Sunday afternoon! What did I do???

Fun party! Every one left before 9. (Guess they're too old.) Then another batch of guests arrived, so we started over!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?