Thursday, August 17, 2006

 

Knitting Fever

Now that I have my grad work done and son#1's graduation hoopla completed, I've been doing a lot of knitting. the links under my name are for 2 knit alongs (KAL) that I'm presently in. For the Mystery Sock KAL, I had to choose a sock pattern that did not have an illustration (hence, the mystery.) I found, via the internet, a pattern called "socks knitted by and for a guy" from Arthur in Ireland. Since these socks will end up in one of the men-folk's Christmas stocking, this sounded like fun. I have until Thanksgiving to finish the socks.

Here's a picture of a pair of socks knitted by for son#2, that just came off the needles.


The other link is for Sock Wars, and yes, I am a warrior. I even have an alias. This group originates in Belfast. (I seem to have an Irish thing going here.) This is a competition where you are given a dossier with a pattern and your intended hit. You have to knit and send a pair of socks to your target before they send them to you, other wise you are dead and end up on the fallen comrades list. I am not making this up! I am beginning to come to the realization that sock knitters are a very odd group, and I seem to fit right in. Hmmmm.

Also on the needles: sweater for Brian for college-olive cotton yarn in an aran pattern, sweater started in 1962 by Aunt Maxine which I decided to finish-beige mohair in an all over bobble pattern (very retro) and top-secret knitted stuff for shawgirls for Christmas. (Molly-done, Rebecca-done, Carrie-ready for the needles.) Katie likes to knit, too. I soooo glad grad school is over!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?