Saturday, August 26, 2006

 

2nd Meeting of the DKC

Our knitting club "The DKC", of which I am a founding member, convened on the shores of Lake Erie, this past week. We started by visiting a yarn shop near Chautauqua run by none other than Mrs. Neibank, who had no idea who I was. I could have reintroduced myself, but I just didn't want to bother. (I've been a bit crazed with this whole business of kicking my first born out of the nest. Seems like I just but him on the bus to Kindergarten!)



Here the club members gather at the shore of Lake Erie. That's me in the chair. We saw kayakers, and several large sailboats. It was very relaxing and the afternoon calmed my anxious spirit.








Here's my friend Patti showing off her new crocs as she gazes over the lake towards Canada. She is a founding member of DKC, too. She's working on socks to wear on Saturday mornings with jeans and a sweater; socks that say "yea, it's Saturday" as soon as you slip them on.









Here's a close up of Brian's sweater in full knitting action! How exciting!! 5 needles at once!!! This is the first sleeve. I've got the front and back done, and plan to have this finished for when we visit him in October for family weekend. It's an aran sweater made out of an olive cotton yarn. Brian picked out the pattern and yarn. Very heavily textured with cables and stuff.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?